Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Who is Bethany?


These two pictures of my sister and I are my favorite. I remember each day very well. In the first picture of us coloring Easter Eggs we were so close, she was my best friend and we loved each other unconditionally. The second picture was taken my sophomore year of high school. We definitely weren't as close then as we had been in the past but that day was a very important day for me. I am not going to go into why, because honestly it doesn't matter. My sister has always been there for me and I only wish that the world knew the kind of person she really was. I wish people wouldn't judge her because of something they don't understand or even really know about.

Bethany McKee had a hard life, and so have many other people in the world. However, her story is important too because it changed and affected so many peoples lives. Without my sister I don't know how I would have been able to make it through life. She gave me hope when I lost all faith, she guided me when I was lost, and we fought like any sisters would. She is and always will be my best friend. I really don't know how I am going to make it through my life without her by my side. But she gave me a wonderful niece who is so much like her mommy that it is heartbreaking.

Bethany raised her daughter without any help from the father. He never called, he would say he was going to call but only did a few times. He said he would come see her, he came to see her I think three or four times in her life. He claimed to want to be apart of his daughters life but he refused to help with the necessities. He didn't help support her, he didn't buy her food, or formula, clothes, diapers, or anything. He came once with clothes that were like 4 sizes too big and a bunch of candy. He claimed to want to be apart of her life, but never made an effort, then went to the Patch and lied saying that my family wouldn't let him see her. But that wasn't the case. We didn't want her to be alone with him for several reasons. 1. his family is involved in gangs. 2. she didn't know him. 3. He never came through with his promises. Her father is a young immature guy that only wants her in his life for selfish reasons. He doesn't want her in his life because she is his daughter. She deserves better than him.

Even though he wasn't trying, Bethany still believed that he would make an effort and love her. But if he loved her he would have made a serious effort to get to know his daughter. I am terrified that one day he will try to take her away from us, because she doesn't know him, he can't support her, and if she were to go live with him I would be scared for her life. I don't want my niece around anyone that is involved or has family involved with gangs. I apologize for not wanting to put my niece's life in danger.

Bethany changed her life around for her daughter, she stopped most of her bad habits, but as we know anyone with a bad habit has a high chance to falling back to them once or twice in their life. And everyone has a bad habit. Bethany finished high school for her daughter, she went on and went to beauty school so she could have a way to support her daughter. She would do anything for her daughter. She loves deeply and unconditionally, that is one of Bethany's best characteristics. Her heart is open to anyone she meets.

In all honesty Bethany is like a dog, she's extremely loyal. When a dog gets annoying or does something they aren't supposed to and you swat it, yell at it, or with abusive people, they beat them, the dog always forgives and loves you even after you go out of your way to hurt them. She is loyal to anyone she cares about. And once someone has her loyalty they will always have it.

Bethany's purpose in the world, the reason she is alive, is to be a mother. Being a mother was the best thing that ever happened to Bethany, she finally felt loved and was finally able to see that there was good in the world. She had hope once again, she was happy, and she was changed. God blessed her...and even through all of this she hasn't lost faith...her faith wasn't shaken. Ofcourse she was scared and worried but she never swayed away from God. She is the strongest person that I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment